About Muslim Census
Muslim Census is an independent organisation that gathers insights from Muslims living in the UK to clarify the true sentiments of the Muslim community. With that insight, the opportunity can arise to identify, analyse and work to resolve the biggest issues. Through our work, Muslim Census is fast-becoming one of the lead organisations that brings attention to the experiences of Muslims in this country.
Having launched in July 2020, our reports have been read in the tens of thousands and we have been featured and mentioned in places such as The Guardian, Parliamentary debate, Al Jazeera and many more media platforms. We have also collaborated with the NHS, charities and start-ups in supporting projects aimed at Muslims. Our aim is to continue building our presence and our value to the community.
There are over 3.3million Muslims living in the UK; it is about time we have our own source of community-led data that understands the nuances of our faith.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our management team. You’ll be leading a group of highly motivated volunteers across topics ranging from Islamophobia, addiction, divorce rates and mental health. Your ideas and contribution will be a key component of shaping the Muslim Census vision for the upcoming years.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be leading teams of 3 or 4 with our research projects. This includes everything from selecting the topic, creating a survey, analysis and the publishing and delivery of the report.
- You’ll collaborate with external organisations on creating recommendations and solutions off of the back of report findings.
- You’ll influence the vision and direction of Muslim Census as an organisation.
What you’ll need
- A passion for bettering the lives of Muslims in the UK
- Experience in conducting research (Does not have to be specific to Muslims)
- Great at building relationships and some experience in managing people
- There will be an expectation for you to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months whilst also dedicating approximately a few hours per week to Muslim Census tasks (this fluctuates but on average is 4-5hrs) .
Put simply, you can use your skills to benefit the millions of Muslims living in the UK. We also believe in giving responsibility to our team and thus, the opportunities for growth are vast. Previous volunteers have used the experience gained at Muslim Census to gain scholarships, grants and full-time roles. For this position as well, we offer the opportunity to complete training and achieve certified market research qualifications.