About Muslim Census
Muslim Census is an independent organisation that gathers insights from Muslims living in the UK to clarify the true sentiments of the Muslim community. With that insight, the opportunity can arise to identify, analyse and work to resolve the biggest issues. Through our work, Muslim Census is fast-becoming one of the lead organisations that brings attention to the experiences of Muslims in this country.
Having launched in July 2020, our reports have been read in the tens of thousands and we have been featured and mentioned in places such as The Guardian, Parliamentary debate, Al Jazeera and many more media platforms. We have also collaborated with the NHS, charities and start-ups in supporting projects aimed at Muslims. Our aim is to continue building our presence and our value to the community.
There are over 3.3million Muslims living in the UK; it is about time we have our own source of community-led data that understands the nuances of our faith.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher to join our existing research team. As our team is small, there is scope for a researcher to be involved in all areas of the organisation. We are very open to bringing on proactive individuals that have their own ideas on how to provide value.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be involved in the selection process for future research topics
- You’ll own sections of the study which include initial build of surveys, analysis of data and high-level report writing
- You’ll have free roam to involve yourself in all other areas such as design and marketing
What you’ll need
- A passion for bettering the lives of Muslims in the UK
- You love solving problems and handling data
- Experience in conducting research is desirable
- There will be an expectation of you to dedicate a few hours per week to Muslim Census tasks
Put simply, you can use your skills to benefit the millions of Muslims living in the UK. We also believe in giving responsibility to our team and thus, the opportunities for growth are vast. Previous volunteers have used the experience gained at Muslim Census to gain scholarships, grants and full-time roles.